Sugar Swings! Serve Some: owl valentines....!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

owl valentines....!


...the last set of valentines this year....i seriously have to remember that if i have an idea for one....then i have to do something for all 3 kids!....we have a soft spot around here for owls.....and owls are so in now.....seriously owl themed birthday parties, baby showers, weddings, team building events....ok maybe i haven't seen that last one, but wouldn't be surprised if someone did use owls for that.....

.....anyway.....they are made from this stuff.....


...the body is heart shaped peppermint patties (they are even pink inside...so cute!)....eyes are valentine's day m&m's (accents drawn on with a food writer), wings are cherry and vanilla flavored tootsie rolls decorated with some red royal icing, beak is a heart from the heart sprinkle mix.....everything attached with royal icing.....the tootsie roll was nuked for 5-10 secs until it was soft enough to roll out....then used an icing tip to cut out a circle.....cut that in half to make the wings.....


....you end up with a bunch of these little guys.....!

.....the rest of the valentine is cardstock and some oil pastels.....and a quick google search for some cute owl-ish sayings.....


....and all wrapped up to give out monday.....between, the lego dudes, the thomas trains, and these......i'm all valentine'd out now.....i hope the kids are ok with store bought next year....!


...and really now happy valentines day!!!

ps what does an educated owl say.....whom...!
W
Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays

Whom.

12 comments :

  1. So cute. I love them.
    Dannyelle @ www.lifeisaparty.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so adorable!! I'm definitely adding these to my list for Valentine treats for next year! I'm your newest follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cooking category today [12 Feb 10:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! These are ADORABLE! I love the winking eye:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute! I love how all of them have different expressions!

    Btw, i love your blog :)

    -abeer @ www.cakewhiz.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. the other michele c.June 22, 2011 at 9:21 PM

    I can't believe i missed these! I never saw them til just now...love, Love, LOVE THEM!!!!!
    Obviously my fav to date ;) ;) you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by to let you know that I've featured your craft on Family Fun Crafts! You can see it here:
    http://funfamilycrafts.com/owl-valentines/

    If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them. :) If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! My son's mascot is an owl, these are perfect for valentines for his class. Thank you!

    p.s. found you via pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are ADORABLE! I featured you on my Origami Owl Living Lockets Facebook Page. I'm definitely going to make these with my son for V-Day! Thanks for the great idea!

    https://www.facebook.com/OrigamiOwlBrandiKambalovIndependentDesigner

    ReplyDelete
  10. GAH! these are simply adorable Michelle! the winking eyes had me at hello :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you or any feedback...make sure are signed in so I can reply back!