Sugar Swings! Serve Some: a bunch of marshmallow peep pops and bonus "peep" troopers...!

Monday, April 18, 2011

a bunch of marshmallow peep pops and bonus "peep" troopers...!


....so as i've been doing my "research" for some awesome spring and easter ideas....it's painfully clear that people either love marshmallow peeps or they absolutely despise them....

...i am clearly on the "love 'em" end of the spectrum....in fact i actually love them stale....open a package and leave them open for a couple weeks on the counter....Awe.Some.Ness....ok, don't knock it til you've tried it....in fact i bet you'll never eat fresh peeps again...but i digress...

....peep pops have been all over the blogging world lately.....and they were too easy not to try....melted candy wafers, sprinkles, and some peeps on a stick...what's not to love?....you can make a bunch in no time at all....

....nuke some vanilla candy melts in a bowl (deep enough for dipping)...pop a peep on a stick (i prefer the bunnies over chicks for some reason....not sure why...i just do)...dip, tap off excess, and lay on parchment or wax paper...




...immediately top with your favorite sprinkles (btw-an excellent way to use all the different sprinkles and decorations you always collect and never use!).....and let harden....give them about 10-15 minutes....


...in fact they were so easy that i also made them in chocolate.....

chocolate covered peep pops

....and for the star wars fanatics in our house (i'm sure there are a couple of you out there as well)...."peep" troopers!...yep peep trooper pops...!

peep trooper pops

...these are not the peeps you are looking for.....(bonus points if you can name all the troopers representin' here...)

peep trooper pops

....and just for fun...."peep" trooper cupcakes...! make these cupcakes, you will, yessss....

DSCN1103

...oh and if you are not a star wars fan....i'm very sorry, the last few parts of this post probably make no sense whatsoever (in fact you are probably thinking--"i must un-follow this blog immediately--crazy chic does terrible things to marshmallow peeps!")....but if you are a star wars fan...virtual high-5!

....anyway hope you are enjoying spring and all the awesome treat's its inspiring....as fyi, peeps also makes chocolate covered chicks and peep peepsters (bite sized chocolate covered marshmallows) now....but really these are so super simple and pretty much everyone but those peep haters will enjoy them...!

Mouthwatering MondaysTidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays
Hoosier Homemade - Making Your House a Home

34 comments :

  1. They're all adorable! My son would love the trooper pops but I'm partial to the cocoa peeps. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be the coolest mom for making those troopers! Good Job :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely AWESOME!! High 5 backatcha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son would loe these storm trooper peeps. What was used to make them besides the white melts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower! I had to come by and check out your Star Wars peeps for my Jedi Padowan. He loves Star Wars! I hope you'll come check us out at

    bumblebliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! My little guy would totally love them. I'm going to feature them in my "These Chicks Cooked" spotlight tomorrrow. Thanks for sharing your great idea. I know lots of mommies are going to be thanking you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks!! aside from the white candy melts, all the storm or clone trooper details were done with food color writers (I used Americolor the Wilton ones do not write well on candy melt). Thanks for all for stopping by, these were fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just found your blog! so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic. I have to admit, I hate peeps...really, really. Don't tell anyone... But these are so fun! I love the "peep" troopers!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a GREAT idea...I made some "doctor" peeps yesterday..i love anything peeps. found your blog thru craft gossip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My kiddos all are obsessed with Star Wars. My 6yo is sure he named all the troops correctly. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! My boys love Peeps, but I agree, lots of people don't.
    Thanks for joining the fun on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. My sister and I only ate them stale when we were kids! LOVE THE STARWARS PEEPS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. T-A-L-E-N-T-E-D .

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to share the star wars peeps as part of my weekly fab five. I just post one of your pictures with a link back. Let me know if that is ok to do. laura@realmomkitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, you really went to town on the peeps, and with great success! I'm partial to the chocolate covered, but your troopers look fantastic! Bravo to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are AWESOME! Love the Peep Troopers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the peep troopers. Those are just too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My son who is six and on the spectrum is totally gaga over Star Wars --- he would love these. I have to get my peep on now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's official - my son wants a cooler mom. Namely You! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am seriously in love with these and your blog! I have spent the last hour checking out all your amazing creations! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are the SHIZ-NITS man! Those trooper bunnies... freakin FLYIN' man! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thos trooper peeps are so awesome! Really really!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness, love those troopers!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just wanted to let you know that I included your Awesome Tutorial in my post "Lovin' Our Peeps" over at (thosecraftysisters.com). Love your Peep Pops!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable! I wanted to let you know that I featured you in Peeptastic round up at: http://printabelle.com/?p=2086 If you would like a featured button, I have one here on my About page: http://printabelle.com/?page_id=724

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Our Peeps arrived yesterday! Wouldn't you know, this is the first week we've had decent weather adn they baked in the mailbox =o( But we licked the melted chocolate off the inside of the bags and loved every minute of it!!! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Found you via SugarBelles Star Wars link party. I love, love, LOVE your storm trooper peeps! Simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just fell in love with you forever. Be prepared to be stalked!!! These aren't the PEEPS you're looking for?! bwahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am sharing these with my 30-something daughter.She Loves Star Wars and Peeps. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you or any feedback...make sure are signed in so I can reply back!