Sugar Swings! Serve Some: simple vanilla cupcakes....!

Monday, January 2, 2012

simple vanilla cupcakes....!

....so the first post of 2012! woohoo!...and figured it should be something healthy simple and something i've been meaning to do all last year...so i can scratch something off the 2012 to do list.....these are glorious treat's "perfect" vanilla cupcakes....

vanilla cupcakes with blue buttercream

....calling anything perfect is pretty ballsy right?....because what these days is perfect?....ok maybe bradley cooper (did you know he speaks fluent french???)....but aside from that not much is perfect, right..?

....and i've tried a couple from scratch vanilla cupcake recipes---but something was always not quite right....like i love the magnolia vanilla cupcake recipe but they never bake up nicely for me....i've tried 2 or 3 times....so i always thought its got to be me...not the recipe right?....these are my last attempt at the magnolia recipe...


....the flavor was really good....but they look terrible (i ended up taking the liners off for this post)....i had a feeling it was something about the butter---from scratch cupcakes with butter never bake nicely for me....but maybe i do something wrong...because i always end up with cupcakes looking like this!)...so then i always end up going back to doctoring up store bought mixes....


....but glorious treats promised an easy recipe with cupcakes that "looked beautiful and tasted perfect"...! so i pinned them awhile ago and finally got around to trying them....and guess what...this is what i got...!


....yay!....perfect looking vanilla cupcakes.....which i then could not wait to frost in some of my go to buttercream....(just tinted with a drop of liquid blue food coloring....because there is something about this color blue that i love, and i mean LOVE!)....

vanilla cupcakes

.....and then immediately tried....YUM!....they were fluffy with the texture of boxed mix cupcakes and not too sweet....very good and moist........and they really did bake up great....her recipe is simple and uses oil versus butter....so if you really like the butter flavor in cupcakes....you may want to keep searching....but i like this one and am going to try it again......i may add some vanilla bean next time or just use a better quality vanilla because i'd love to taste more of the vanilla flavor in them....but all in all a great recipe!...

vanilla cupcake

.....and you get some really simple and "perfect" homemade vanilla cupcakes to start off the new year right way....!

vanilla cupcakes

...thanks to glorious treats for going through batch after batch of vanilla cupcake recipe and taking the hard work out for me....! much appreciated!...and i'm sure you probably know her blog already (she's even been on martha!)...but if not swing by for lots of great goodies and awesome pics...!

...oh and if you have any tips on making from scratch vanilla cupcake recipes with butter or the technique to make them....please let me know what magic you whip up in the kitchen to get perfect looking cupcakes!...and happy new year...!...hope 2012 is off to a great start for ya....!

Tip 
Junkie handmade projects

12 comments :

  1. I had saved this recipe too! It's good to know they bake up beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do look beautiful and I love the blue tint. Lovely photos too. Happy New Year to you. Just signed in to GFC, nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try those ever since I saw them over at Glory's blog. They look amazing!
    Thanks for joining us on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous recipe, it is one that I use quite often and they do look pretty! I love how you have them decorated! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you gave these a try! Thanks for the great post!
    Glory/ Glorious Treats

    ReplyDelete
  6. they turned out great and I love the icing colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are georgeous! I want to be able to decorate cupcakes that nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beauitful! glorious treats is an awesome blog, no?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful cupcakes!! I love the color of the frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They may be simple, but I'm sure they taste out of this world. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cupcakes up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look delicious! I need to try those...

    ReplyDelete
  12. They sure did turn out perfectly! I need to try them too!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you or any feedback...make sure are signed in so I can reply back!