Sugar Swings! Serve Some: ombre madeleines for a valentine's day party.....!

Friday, February 3, 2012

ombre madeleines for a valentine's day party.....!

pink ombre madeleines

.....so are you going to the big valentine's day virtual party that lindsay ann from the dollhouse bake shoppe is hosting...?!!!


....so these are for the big shindig!...pink ombre madeleines!.....(are you sick of madeleines from me yet??)....did them here for halloween and here for the holiday season.....but they are so simple and come out so pretty....!

...and i've been meaning to try an "ombre" themed dessert....so i can cross that off the "to do" list as well....!..i'm seriously making some headway in my pinterest pins this year.....i've done a a whole 3 or 4 this year of my 1001 pins (will be adding more later today!)

...start with this madeleine recipe (it comes out great every time for me)....i also added about 1 and 1/2 tablespoonfuls of strawberry quick mix to give it a slight strawberry flavor and to tint the base color.....then separate into bowls....and add pink food gel to get the progressively deeper pink colors....then add each color into zip lock baggies.....

ombre batters

...you need a madeleine pan....snip off a very small end of one corner of the zip lock bag, and starting with the middle color "pipe" a stripe of color...then working your way out add the other contrasting colors (keep your baggies in order you want the colors to keep yourself organized!).....

....oh and i did horizontal stripes and vertical stripes this time....

ombre madeleines

...then bake at 375 for only about 8 minutes or so depending on your oven....keep an eye on them because you don't want them to get too browned because it will be hard to see the layers.....it already is a little difficult to see all 5 color layers....if i had to start over i may have gone a little darker on the pinks.....you bake and you learn...but i still think they came out ok....!

ombre madeleines

....then just sprinkle with a little powdered sugar....fun right?.....

ombre madeleines

....and you get some pinked hued madeleines for a fun valentine's day party.....thanks lindsay ann for hosting this and gathering some fun valentine's day treats and ideas from all over the blogosphere.....this blogging thing is amazing sometimes!

10 comments :

  1. You know, I've never made madeleines. They always look delicious, but these are particularly gorgeous - as usual! I just love everything you make :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love you can reply directly to comments now! thanks Rachel, you are too kind :)

      Delete
  2. I think you might be inspiring me to by yet another baking pan, I'm sure my husband will be thrilled, lol. But those look so good, really it could save me money if I make my own cookies instead of buying them right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, get one! I didn't use mine for like a year, but have been getting a lot of mileage out of it lately. thank you!

      Delete
  3. **SQUEAL** These are too cute..........PERFECT for Valentine's! Now I think I know what I want for Vday....a Madeleine PAN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks as always! can i get you one, seriously!! or maybe a giveaway is in order :)

      Delete
  4. I love Madeleines--you get both a cookie and a little cake in every bite. These are especially pretty and I bet flavorful! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! I have never made them. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so gorgeous and creative. Fun and elegant at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these..they look so pretty! We are hosting our first Kitchen Fun and Crafty link party this Friday (the 10th) and would love for you to share this and pretty much everything else you make! Feel free to stop by and grab a party button! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you or any feedback...make sure are signed in so I can reply back!