Sugar Swings! Serve Some: heart shaped and homemade hostess cupcakes

Thursday, January 24, 2013

heart shaped and homemade hostess cupcakes


So it's the season for all things heart shaped! Valentines day is just around the corner so of course there is a need for some heart shaped goodies to make everyone smile a little more.


Last year I did these flying heart cupcakes to celebrate my little one's heart day (if you missed this years celebration, you can find it here!) and they are one of my most popular blog posts ever (thanks to a lot of pinterest sharing! Thank you to anyone that has shared, liked or linked back to the post!)


The heart shaped cupcake is made by baking them with a marble in between the pan and cupcake liner.  I first saw this on Pinterest shared by Muses of Megret.  Neat right? And I used this recipe for the homemade hostess cupcakes.   


I am a big fan of the Hostess cake line (especially Sno Balls hence this post and this one!) so I hope they figure out a way to keep the brand going.  But if not, these homemade versions really did come out very tasty (probably better than the originals) and the heart shape kinda gives them an extra Valentines Day kick!


Or you could forget Valentines Day all together and make them just for the heck of it.  These were made for a good friend's birthday celebration (Sorry I missed the show Ray, I was there in spirit.  Happy Birthday Old Man!)


Thanks as always for stopping by and have a great great super great weekend!


Tidy Mom's I'm Loving It

16 comments :

  1. These are so cute! Would love for you to share at our link party...just put it up!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heart shape sure gives them an extra special cuteness factor! I bet they ARE more delicious than the original:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the cakes look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cute and they look delicious! I will have to try them out some time!

    I'd love for you to share these with my readers at my link party this weekend! They are just too cute! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! "Ray is Old"! Too funny! These look Wonderful! I WANT!
    Thanks for sharing at Two Cup Tuesday at Pint Sized Baker. See ya there Monday night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! They look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so yummy! I think I could even pull them off. :) What a fun site you have. I'm off to follow you on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet project!
    I'd love for you to stop by and link this up at my link party, which is live right now. It is for new and OLD projects!
    http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/01/an-oldie-but-good-link-party-3.html
    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You win the best mom award, what kiddos wouldn't love these?! I saw you linked up at The 36th Ave. Also, I am your newest likes on facebook, following via my blog’s page and my personal page and I would be giddy if you’d like me back! Beth @ The First Year Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look yummy, and so cute!
    I would love it if you would share this (and anything else you have been working on) at my party! http://domesticrandomness.blogspot.com/2013/01/friday-fascinations-9-everything-linky.html

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you or any feedback...make sure are signed in so I can reply back!