Sugar Swings! Serve Some: lego ninjago pretzel sticks

Sunday, January 27, 2013

lego ninjago pretzel sticks


So I decided to take a little break from Valentines Day treats and do some fun Lego treats for the kids.  And if you don't follow Lego at all, Lego Ninjago is one of the Lego series of building sets AND they also have a Cartoon Network Show Ninjago Masters of Spinjitzu.

I've said it before but man those Lego guys are marketing geniuses! Really who can go wrong with Lego and Ninjas? Both super popular and Lego has a method too, come out with series 1, then modify modify modify and make the kids want ALL of the different versions of their minifigs and sets.  The method definitely works on my kids.  For instance the Ninjagos started out with plain ninjas, then upgraded to DX versions, then Kendo, then ZX, then NRG AND now with these new elemental robes.  And for Lego collectors, they need 'em all! Geniuses.

These Lego Ninjago treats (which I was hoping would be a hit around here as they are so unimpressed these days with cupcakes these days, go figure!) are made with pretzel rods and candy melt/wafers, and a little time and patience.


A summary can be found here if you are really interested in the plot but basically it's a good versus evil story--and actually done pretty well.

The original 4 ninjas: Zane (the white ninja, ice power, also a robot - a NINDROID!), Cole (the black ninja, earth power), Jay (the blue ninja, lightening power), and Kai (the red ninja, fire power)


And then the Green Ninja came along aka, Lloyd who is the Lord Garmadon's (the bad guy!) son.


Really to make these, I just put some candy melt into a zip lock bag, snipped off an end and piped the candy onto the pretzel rod in stages while looking pictures of the ninja dudes.


And the eyes are done with edible candy writer.  I have candy melt in a bunch of different colors but to make colors like grey, just add a little black to white candy melt.  If you wanted to tint with food coloring, make sure you use the coloring specifically for candy (not regular food coloring).


Oh and the ninjas are led by Sensei Wu (who is also the bad guy's brother) and Nya (who is Kai's sister and also Samurai X--she and Kai also have a thing, scandalous!)


And of course the Green Ninja becomes the Gold Ninja, the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master (I know WAY too much info about this series!)


And you get some fun Lego Ninjas on a stick!


The kids pretty much loved these and I felt like a rock star for few minutes while they admired them. But then they just went back to begging for more Ipad time as usual a few minutes later, but it was good while it lasted!  

Hope you like the ninja treats and remember the best way to defeat an enemy is to become their friend (so says Sensei Wu!)

Tidy Mom's I'm Loving It

21 comments :

  1. I LOVE these! How adorable and what a great job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure know how to use candy melts to their fullest potential! Great job! I know that the sweet and salty is tasty too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, yeah I can say I never let them go to waste :)

      Delete
  3. OH MY HOLY HECK!!! These are so dang cute! My son is totally into Lego Ninjago and he is going to flip when I show him these. GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks as always Erin! Your kids would get along great with mine (I bet we would too :)

      Delete
  4. These are completely awesome! My son would LOVE these! We are huge Ninjago fans at our house. I will definitely have to put this on my to do list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Laura! Yep this one was definitely for the kids! thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of making this sweet Ninjago Pretzel Sticks and to think you know something about ninja. What I really like most the transformation of the green ninja to golden ninja.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this post?! Anyways. This. Is. Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son is just about past Legos, these amazing pretzels would bring him back (and his teen sisters, too)! I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, that looks like way too much work for me, but these are way too cute!
    I would love it if you would share this (and anything else you have been working on) at my party! http://domesticrandomness.blogspot.com/2013/01/friday-fascinations-9-everything-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. how about this as an alternative suggestioon for a ninjago crazed boy...

    2 ft tall Lego Ninjago Birthday Cake "Zane"

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/archers30/5736233042/in/set-72157607958978305/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely AWESOME pretzel rods. Can I pay you to make one of each for my son's Ninjago birthday?

    lasoniawilbaks@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you or any feedback...make sure are signed in so I can reply back!