Sugar Swings! Serve Some: Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University Pretzel Snacks!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University Pretzel Snacks!


So I know I know -  I'm totally mixing up the movie characters (not to mention probably really annoying Universal Studios and Disney!).  But both Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University are out (or coming out) and my kiddos loved the first ones so much.  They are seeing Monsters U this weekend so I decided to make them some treats for the movies.  They also happen to love sweet and salty pretzel snacks (at least for now - I tend to overdue it once I find something they like (think cupcakes) and they'll probably be sick of them soon enough).

These came out pretty cute though.  I mean who doesn't love the Minions from Despicable Me?!!


And of course Mike Wazowski too!


And his partner in crime James P. Sullivan aka "Sulley" (he looks a little more blue bull then monster -apparently I can only do so much to make candy melt look like fur!)


All made with square pretzels and candy melt in different colors.  Relatively simple, but melting the candy in zip lock bags and then adding the details does take some time.  These probably took me about 3 hours total (including the time waiting for candy melt to harden).


Totally worth the time spent!


Put 'em all together and you get some Despicable Monsters!  (if that movie comes out I want royalties!)


I am in no way getting compensated by anyone for this post.  All for the love of the movies (and to see the smiles on my kiddo's faces).  Have an awesome weekend!!!

Tidy Mom's I'm Loving It

16 comments :

  1. Haha, SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks jill! had to jump onto the depicable me and monsters u treat trend!

      Delete
  3. What a fun way to decorate pretzels. I can't wait to see the new movie. We tried to see it this week, but it was sold out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids love sweet and salty...i was thinking of using a blue m and m for mike's eye but didn't get time to pick some up!

      Delete
  4. I love these. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun treats my son would totally love these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thanks and yes definitely a kid treat!

      Delete
  6. Super cute!

    Thanks so much for sharing at A Peek Into My Paradise TGIF Link Party! I can't wait to see what you link up next week! I hope to see you at the (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/
    Have a terrific week!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY HECK! You are just amazing. I love these. We've already seem Monsters University and LOVED it. Just waiting for Despicable Me 2 to come out. And these pretzel bites? You totally rocked it! AGAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! Love your creativity! Sounds great! Pinned! Thanks for sharing on Two Cup Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute are these!! Loving it, so creative! :-)
    Cathy@threekidsandafish{dot}com

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you or any feedback...make sure are signed in so I can reply back!