Sugar Swings! Serve Some: dr. seuss peep pops.....!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

dr. seuss peep pops.....!



.....so i loves me a good mash-up!.....being a pinterest fanatic like so many others....there are always some good mash-ups over there....like these....muppet/superhero...or...dr. who/seuss...or....star wars/calvin and hobbs...or...pulp fiction/simpsons....the list goes on and on....!....love them all!

....this is a version of my own mash-up of some favs....dr. seuss in celebration of his birthday and the release of the lorax movie on march 2nd.....and marshmallow peeps!....because it's that time of year when you see them on the store shelves in so many pretty colors....peeps....you either love them or hate them....i am most definitely on the "love 'em" spectrum.....

...actually i've done peep pops before because they are so easy here....buy some peeps....dip in candy wafer/chocolate/almond bark (whatever is your hardening candy of choice)....and add some fun decorations.....and since we have some pretty serious star wars fans over here i mashed them it up with peeps ....and made some peep troopers too....!

dr seuss pops

....for these dr. seuss ones....you need some of these....


...edible food writers....i have a bunch in all shapes and sizes....and also some pics of the characters...or you can just use your dr seuss books if you have them.....then just draw on the coated peeps once they are dry.....the sneetch beak is a candy coated sunflower and horton's trunk is made with candy melt.....

....and you get a bunch of really fun dr seuss peep pops to celebrate the wonderful joy he's been bringing kids for ages!.....the lorax of course is probably my fav story (can't wait to see the movie!)....although it's hard to pick a fav....fox in socks was a fun one too....and the sneetches story is just great....i think my fav pop is the once-ler up in his lurkdom....i love how he came out!

dr seuss peep pops

....you could also use them as cupcake toppers as well....!


.....we also recently visited orlando's islands of adventure which has a dr seuss section (seuss landing)...which the kids absolutely loved!...if you have little one's (mine are 7 and 4 year old twins) and will be visiting orlando....definitely go there.....it's done very well....not to mention it has the wizarding world of harry potter too....majorly cool if you are a fan and want to get yourself a wand and some butter beer!

....happy happy birthday to dr seuss!....and thank YOU for stopping by.....have a very awesome week!...and let me know which seuss pop is your fav!

25 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness...how adorable! You did a great job on these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever, original, and beautifully done. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond creative! You did an amazing job on these! Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Dr. Seuss Pops! I have never seen these before! Great idea!

    If you are interested, I would love for you to link to this post on my blog to help us celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday. Here is a link to the linky:

    http://www.happybirthdayauthor.com/2012/02/happy-birthday-dr-seuss-march-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO adorable. How creative! What a great idea to change up the Peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented. Your Dr. Seuss pops are really little works of art on Peeps. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get over how awesome these are! BEsides a fabulous idea how you executed it was over the top wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Horton!!! I just love him! these are absolutely amazing! Great twist on the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable!! Loooove this, and all of them really have that Dr. Seuss character! Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute - my kids are all Dr. Seuss this week at school! Come share at my link party: http://www.dwellonjoy.com/2012/02/dwell-on-friday-six.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, you have got to be kidding me, these are just awesome! Where did you get your edible markers? The only ones I can find do not work very well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! some food writers are better than others....i did most of this with americolor food writers http://www.amazon.com/Gourmet-Writer-Decorator-Assorted-Colors/dp/B0012DMI1S , the wilton ones don't work for me on candy melt--i also just got a duff brand...some worked but some did not...not sure why....anyway, thanks and GL!

      Delete
  12. So cute and fun! I don't think I would have the talent to draw like that:P You did an awesome job!

    Maysem @ odetoinspiration.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are incredible! You are so talented I would love for you to share at Bacon Time's weekly Anything goes fri-monday linky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are each a work of art. Must have taken so much time. Adorable results.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love it if you came over to CAST PARTY WEDNESDAY and shared your cute recipe with us! Looks like you had a lot of fun creating these little creatures! Thanks, I hope to see you there! ---Sheryl---
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?p=25565

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just adorable! I found you via Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons and am a new follower. I'd love for you to link this up to this week's Dr. Seuss theme at Thematic Thursday on DianaRambles.com.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok... this is just amazing!!! where did you come up with this? And the food writers.. what a great idea! I have a project party every weekend if you would like to join and link up your great ideas! http://bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/03/project-party-weekend-pretty-striped-pencils-tutorial.html
    I hope you will come! xoxo-Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are wonderful! Love Dr. Seuss, and you really captured the characters great! So cute! Your blog is great (following now)! I'm looking forward to looking around it more. :) [Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the great comments! :) ]

    www.mycakecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So creative! Love them! Your pops are being featured today at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. І like the helρful іnfo yоu proνide
    in your articles. I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I am quite certain I'll leаrn
    many neω stuff right here! Best of lucκ for the
    next!
    Feel free to surf my web page - loans for bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  21. HOLY!
    COW!
    Dr. Seuss would be grinning ear to ear with these!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you or any feedback...make sure are signed in so I can reply back!